Thursday, March 31, 2011

The Stately Lady has arrived!

The long-awaited 'baby' grand piano has arrived this morning, safe and sound, after a 6-day and 650 miles of journey from Tulsa, OK.  It does not look at all diminutive, but towers over all the other pieces of furniture in the living room.  And it appears incredibly well-preserved after having been in cold storage for over ten years!  Memo to self: secret to eternal youth :)  I think I have my work for the remainder of my life cut out for me - to make this stately lady sing again!  The piano is on-loan from Kirk's Mom. Thanks very much, Julia!! 


04.27.2011 Update
The piano has since been turned around 180 degrees and tuned.  The curve side of the piano is now facing the room; I originally had the flat side facing the room - a tell-tale sign of an 'interior designer' who has had no musical training.  





No comments: