Thursday, June 2, 2011

Robbed!

Who would have thought that we had some pretty rough thieves hanging around our yard? These are not your average petty thieves that steal into your yard in the early hours and nip off some of your hosta leaves; these are violent petunia robbers who not only devour your petunias down to the barest stems, but completely uproot the plants, leaving their carcasses lying around, showing no mercy.  Kirk and I planted two petunias on Saturday - they were among the batch of annuals I brought back from the Farmer's market, and they were showing such healthy contentment just yesterday.  I could hardly believe my eyes when I saw the carnage this afternoon! 

Planted last Saturday
Upended

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Funny, we discovered yesterday that something ate our strawberry plant...