Monday, July 11, 2011

Summer Camp

Scully Dorm, Princeton U
We arrived at Princeton University yesterday evening after a 12-hour drive from Bloomington.  Kirk is here to attend the 2nd half of a NEH Seminar on Quine and Davidson for the next three weeks and we are put up in one of the student dormitories on campus.  The setup at the Scully Dorm is quite minimal, reminiscent of an economy lodge in one of the National Parks. Despite my Boy-Scout-ish trait of general preparedness, I did not foresee some of the contingencies which we would be facing here, e.g., there is no provision for soap in the bathrooms or cheap hangers in the wardrobes, etc.  I have a feeling that the next three weeks here will be like going to a summer camp, not that I've been to one.  I plan to spend some time exploring the town and taking day trips to New York by train. 

1 comment:

Greg said...

Despair not, we know how to get to the nearest Wal-Mart.