Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Chicago Bound

Valentine's Day 2012
Winking Windows
The first real snow this winter arrived in time for Valentine's Day; we awoke to a landscape covered in a thin layer of soft white snow which had fallen overnight.  The pictures above give a "false" impression of its being very cold.  We've become so adapted to cold weather that the low 30's (Fahrenheit) no longer seems to faze us.  Alas, by mid afternoon most of the snow had disappeared and I missed my opportunity to build a snow man, again!


We are driving up to Chicago this evening for Kirk's Central Division APA Conference.  This will be my first trip to the Windy City and I'm feeling some trepidation about it, which is very unlike my usual "fools rush in where angels fear to tread" attitude prior to any travel adventures.  There is so much to see, building-wise, in Chicago that I'm afraid I'll only be able to cover a tiny portion this time.  Here is my itinerary.   

No comments: