Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Calvin, the Cool Cat

Cool Cat Calvin
Calvin has taken to staying for a couple hours in the Sunroom after we finish breakfast.  He shows up right on time, almost every morning, while we are laying out the table for breakfast.  As soon as we let him in, he jumps onto his favorite chair (imagine Wang-Tzu in his favorite spot at the table), and curls up beside me, pushing me (affectionately I'm sure) so that I end up perched on 1/3rd of the seat cushion, for a treat of love and a massage.  Picture me holding a cup or newspaper with my right hand while rubbing Calvin's skull with my left hand.  He stays on the chair after I vacate it, composes himself for a morning nap and keeps Kirk company while he finishes reading the paper.  Kirk, in the past, would trick him out of the room when he finishes breakfast but Calvin has learned not to take the bait so easily and has shown no inclination in the least to stir out of the chair when Kirk holds the door open enticingly.  Kirk has finally conceded the game to the clever Calvin and taken to propping open the screen door with a broom and leaving him alone there.  I wonder what will happen to our morning routine with Calvin when the weather gets cold and we no longer eat breakfast out in the Sunroom.  Stay tuned...


No comments: