Friday, December 31, 2010

Happy New Year!

The weather was unseasonably warm today, the last day of 2010.  All the snow that had accumulated on the ground in the past couple of weeks rapidly vanished and to our pleasant surprise it uncovered a verdant lawn lying beneath, greener than it sometime was in the summer, during the drought.  I believe we have acclimated to the cold weather in Bloomington, for when the temperature reaches the upper 30's we regard it as kind of balmy.  


I hope 2011 brings us much laughter and lightheartedness.  
Here's to you all, in sympathy.



2 comments:

judy said...

Shih-Ping& Kirk
I've enjoyed catching up with you all on the blog today...New Year's Day.. Looks like your lovely new home has a lot to offer!!
Happy New Year to you both!!!

sp said...

I'm still waiting to see pictures of snow from your Nevada trip.

Tell Greg I enjoyed his Gilbert & Sullivan rendition; wish it was a video clip, not just audio.