Saturday, December 4, 2010

O.M.G.

The snow-laden branches form an intricate lace screen
around the back of our property
The snow has been coming down with a vengeance; we woke up this morning to an unbelievable sight - the whole place is blanketed in snow!!  Before we left the house this morning, the City of Bloomington's 'snowmobile' had already come around and cleared the snow off the road in our neighborhood - talk about an efficient local government, this one gets an A in my book.  We've been busy today, going to the stores to get Kirk a pair of waterproof snow boots, some cold- weather running clothes and another snow shovel.  We got the snow off our driveway now, as you can see in the video; our neighbor, Mrs. Kay Moldstad, is not so lucky.  She is an old lady living all by herself; I'm afraid, she will be snowed in.  I'll check on her tomorrow morning.




This is the view out of my office window - did I ever mention that I have the best, the most strategically placed, room in the house?  It is the room directly above our living room; it was also the previous owner's office.  At my desk, a command look-out post, I can see any car entering our driveway and people coming around to the front door, without their suspecting that they are being watched.  I once spooked a visitor by tapping on my window from above; I only intended to make him aware that he was being observed.  As you can see from the picture to the right, our driveway is spic and span while the snow has completely overtaken Kay's driveway up to her garage door.  An urgent question in our mind is where the deer go for shelter in weather like this.  I've been looking closely at the snow on the ground for deer footprints.  


12.14.10 Update
Here they are, side by side along Kirk's, found on our entry path this morning.  The deer seem to be uncommonly lively these days; I often see them prancing about in the large tract of land behind our property or leisurely making their way, from lawn to lawn, heading somewhere, en famille, of course.

No comments: