Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Here comes the snow!

The first snow of the year sneaked up on me last night, while I slept. It has transformed the landscape overnight with a thin layer of the purest and lightest white.  I have not stopped grinning from ear to ear since Kirk woke me up this morning, announcing "Ah-Ping, it's snowing!"  I have been outside several times since this morning taking pictures; my neighbors must have found me quite comical to watch.  The locals don't seem to be as excited about the first snow as I am.  Here are some of the pictures I took -







P.S. A very happy birthday to you, 'Little Cat'.  

2 comments:

judy said...

Yeah!!! I'm in!!
Thanks Shih-Ping...it worked...
Helllloooo Ping... I, too, am enjoying your blog!! Laughed at your elephants lumbering, clearing your streets..and shed a tear for your deer ....
NOW your snow is beautiful...Tell Kirk - it doesn't look like much shoveling -yet! Who does the shoveling...when it happens?

I know what you mean about grinning from ear to ear....
I soon will be grinning, -TOO!! I leave for Nevada tomorrow (a short trip to visit family) and they have several feet of snow at my cousin's house!! I will take pictures.
Am enjoying YOU enjoying your new world!
~judy

sp said...

I'm afraid it will be Kirk who will be doing the shoveling when the time comes; I plan to get myself another snow shovel, a lighter one, and pitch in to help though.

Wow! Several feet of snow in Nevada already! I must see pictures to believe it. Have a great time!